Commercial Skincare products Vs Natural Skincare products (what's the difference?)
The more people are aware of what they let into their bodies and environment, the more you notice them opting for natural skincare products rather than commercial ones. They can do this because they have studied them and decided on which was better for them. If you are still unsure about which to go for between commercial skincare products and natural skincare products, these outlined differences will help you decide.
1. Natural skincare products are milder on the skin: Natural skincare products are made to take care of the skin health, rather than change it dramatically overnight and because they are made from natural ingredients, they are milder on the skin while commercial products can be harsh on the skin.
2. You are more likely to have an allergic reaction to commercial products: The thousands of chemicals that go into making commercial beauty products are alien to the skin, therefore the skin is highly likely to have an allergic reaction to at least one of them. While for natural skincare products, the skin is familiar with the constituents because they probably already are in the food we eat anyways and has fewer chances to have an allergic reaction.
3. Commercial skincare products contain harmful chemicals: it is important to keep in mind that products applied on the skin get absorbed into the lymph, blood vessels, and organs, so it is not just skin deep, not to mention that the excess gets washed down into the environment. Some of the chemical ingredients of commercial skincare products are harmful when they get absorbed into the body as well as when it is washed down thereby creating a cycle of toxicity around us and within us as well.
4. Preservatives used in commercial products can be harmful: the reason commercial products have a longer shelf life than natural skincare is became of the added preservatives. Unfortunately, these preservatives have been tested to be harmful to the skin and body health when applied. It is thereby safer to go for natural skincare products because they do not contain this chemical component.
5. Long-term effect: In the long run, natural skin care products are more friendly and beneficial to the skin because they maintain skin health and do not cause damage from toxins while commercial products end up plaguing the skin with problems, from acne to discoloration, to aging and so on.
In conclusion, even though packaging may say that they do the same thing, natural skincare is very different from commercial skincare products in how they perform and their ingredients. When deciding on either one of them, do so with love for your skin.